Yes friends I am still BACK BLOGGING! I promise i will be caught up soon!
Don and I wanted to beging teaching Harrison the importance of giving back to his community. He is so blessed to have so many things and do so many special things.
So this year, we hosted the 1st Annual Dog Days of Summer Party. At the first of the year, we asked Harrison what/who he wanted to help in a way that he would understand...we asked him would he like to help little boys like him, the elderly--like Nonie and Papa, dogs/cats, people that do not have homes, etc. Harrison chose to help DOGS and thus the DOG DAYS OF SUMMER PARTY was born.
We kept the guest list small, because we were not sure what the outcome would be....we sent out the invitations with a letter explaining what the party was for, and asked that everyone bring something for a dog that was currently in
The turn out was great! Everyone that we invited was able to make it. We had pools set up and a HUGE eater slide. We had silly string, build your own ice cream sundaes, HOTDOGS and chips to eat, Watermelon, good music, horseshoes for the adults and lots of good conversation!
Next year since it went to so well, we plan to make it BIGGER and BETTER! Thanks to everyone who brought a donation! I know the dogs are going to be happy! Stay tuned for pics of the delivery of all the good stuff to Fuzzy Friends.
We were so busy that I wasn't able to get alot of pictures, but here are a couple.
No comments:
Post a Comment