Monday, October 6, 2008

Update for September

I know it has been a while and so like i promised in the previous post, i thought i would take some time to fill you all in. September 1 i started a new position at the Advocacy Center for Crime Victims and Children. I am now the Emergency Services Coordinator, there are two of us that fill this role, I am the "supervisor" for lack of better words of the volunteers who answer our crisis line and respond to local hospitals with victims of sexual assault. I also am now the case manager for the adult victims that go to the hospital. With this change means that i have had to rearrange our schedules, as i am on call one week and off the next. On call not meaning that i am working, but meaning that i am fielding all questions and calls from the advocate on call or possibly going to the hospital if i do not have an advocate! I LOVE THIS JOB. I am so happy to go to work and be right in the middle of helping the people of my community. For any one interested in becoming an advocate, ask me about it...if you decide it is for you, you will forever be changed person. What a rewarding job it is! I JUST LOVE IT!

Don started teaching school on the first as well. He loves it! He likes it even better now that when he is at the school, at least he gets paid to be there! What an honor it was for him to be asked to teach school the very next year after turning out! I am so proud of him and the life that he is working so hard to provide for us! He is so dedicated to being a great provider!

Harrison adjusted well to Preschool and was recently the star of the week. He is a "helper" almost everyday and there are days when it is hard for me to get him to leave. As i am writing this, I can not believe that i am about to have a 4 year old. Where did the time go? He is not a baby anymore:( Oh how i miss him being tiny, but he is still my cuddle bug!

Well that is really what has been going on with us in the month of September, i cant believe that is already OCTOBER! My how time flies when you are having FUN!

No comments: